- 2kg good quality pork shoulder – bone in, skin on.
- Sea salt and black pepper.
- 125g (1/2 jar) Tracklements Apple & Sage Jelly
• Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
• Score the pork skin with a sharp knife - about 1cm apart - through the skin and fat but try not to go through to the meat.
• Rub sea salt into the scores. Season the underside of the joint with salt and pepper and place skin side up onto a roasting dish. Cook for 40 mins, uncovered (you’re waiting for the skin to puff up and start to crackle).
• Turn the oven down to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2. Cover with two layers of tin foil so no moisture can escape and cook at the bottom of the oven for around 4 ½ hours.
• Remove the tin foil, baste the pork with the juices and cook, uncovered, for a further hour or until the crackling is crispy.
• Remove from the oven and let it rest. Transfer the juices to a pan, wait for them to separate and pour off the fat. Stir in the Apple & Sage Jelly, heat gently until the jelly has melted and serve with your favourite accompaniments; roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower cheese (with a touch of Tracklements Sweet Mustard Ketchup – you’ll thank us for this tip later!)